Ayesha Aslam Faisal
Communications Consultant, Ink Inc.
I am a communications consultant with over 15 years of experience in the field. I have worked with organizations such as ICI, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) and AboutUs.org, in roles involving IT, marketing and communication.
My expertise lies in the area of communication and includes writing original content and editing written material for electronic and traditional channels. These communication channels include websites (writing original content; editing website content; website auditing), social media platforms (content creation for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), newspapers (drafting of press releases, articles and interviews) and other printed materials (writing and editing annual reports, research reports, brochures, flyers, posters).
I have also authored three children’s books titled ‘Lost and Found‘; ‘The Mealtime Battle‘ and ‘School Rules‘ published by Oxford University Press Pakistan and edited a book titled ‘The Rausing Legacy’ published by the Lahore University of Management Sciences.
Communications Consultant, Ink Inc.
May 2016 – Present
- – Working as an independent communications consultant with companies and organizations to improve their digital presence (website, social media platforms) and print publications
- – Projects include content creation and curation for social media, websites and publications (annual reports, corporate profiles, newsletters, brochures, flyers, posters); drafting social media communication strategies; book editing; writing project reports and writing video scripts, blog posts, newspaper articles and press releases
- – Clients include Aga Khan University; Aga Khan University Hospital; Chughtai Lab; Fatima Group; Infrastructure Development Authority of the Punjab (IDAP); Excellence Delivered (ExD); Silkbank; Society for the Advancement of Education (SAHE); Mitchell’s Fruit Farms Ltd. and Scarsdale International School, among others
Senior Editor, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
November 2010 – May 2016
- – Supervised the Communications Team on the university’s publications projects, press releases, social media and website management
- – Social media management for LUMS – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo accounts (Included liaising with social media agency)
- – LUMS website content generation e.g. feature stories, news and events coverage
- – Edited monthly newsletters, annual and bi-annual publications e.g. research reports, profile books, alumni magazines and annual reports (Including the LUMS Annual Report 2009-10 which received an Honourable Mention in the Annual Reports category at the PR, Marketing and Communications Awards 2011, organised by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- – Edited a book titled “The Rausing Legacy – 6 Decades of the Rausing Family in Pakistan”
- – Drafted newspaper advertisements, press releases, scripts for radio advertisements and LUMS promotional videos
- – Development of promotional materials, including undergraduate and graduate programme brochures and flyers
Content Writer, Sofizar
July 2010 – November 2010
- – Wrote education related, SEO-optimized articles
November 2007 – June 2010
- – Researched and wrote articles on AboutUs.org (a wiki-based community website with offices in Lahore, Pakistan and Portland, Oregon)
- – Reviewed and edited articles by others and Assisted community members build content
- – Provided wiki support to site visitors (wiki formatting and syntax) and patrolled changes to ensure high quality content
- – Helped in development of community based projects e.g. North American cosmetic surgeons and Pakistan IT companies
Marketing Officer, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
September 2003 – December 2004
- – Marketing strategy development and implementation; marketing budget preparation
- – Preparation of marketing material; Media planning & newspaper advertising – local and overseas
- – Information sessions organization and coordination – local and overseas
- – Presentations at local schools regarding LUMS admissions
- – Organization and coordination of LUMS events e.g. Alumni Homecoming
IT Officer, ICI Pakistan Ltd.
July 2002 – June 2003
- – Part of a large team implementing SAP R/3 throughout ICI Pakistan
- – Managed the Sales and Distribution module (Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Agrochemicals, Seeds sales organizations) during all phases of the project (Blueprint/Configuration/Training/Testing/Go-live phases)
- – Creation of training manuals in the form of AVI files and text documents
- – Training of end users (Sales Administration Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Customer Service Officers, Marketing Managers) on SAP
University of Leicester
2015 – 2017
MA in Mass Communications
Graduated with Distinction
Lahore University of Management Sciences
1998 – 2002
BSc (Hon) in Computer Science